The enameled cast iron Signature Skillet is a versatile kitchen essential for searing, sauteing, stir-frying and more. The interior surface is finished with a black satin enamel that eliminates the need for the traditional seasoning and maintenance of raw cast iron. Specially formulated for higher surface temperature cooking, the enamel develops a natural patina over time making it virtually nonstick and easy to clean.
Individually crafted by French artisans from the finest quality materials since 1925, Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware is beloved for its perfected design and exceptional heat retention that produces superior results from stove to oven to table. Designed for generations of durability, the porcelain enamel requires no seasoning, minimizes sticking and is dishwasher-safe.
The cast iron skillet in some form has been a beloved and essential cooking tool since roughly 1200BC. It has been embraced by cultures around the world for it’s cooking properties. Then in 1925, those crazy Frenchmen at Le Creuset decided they could improve on the design! They added a porcelain interior and exterior to improve cleaning and remove the need for pre-seasoning prior to use. The skillet is available in a variety of sizes. Le Creuset's 9" skillet is a perfect size for cooking a couple of portions. And do so with style!
- Enameled cast iron delivers superior heat distribution and retention
- Ready to use, requires no seasoning
- Easy-to-clean and durable enamel resists dulling, staining, chipping and cracking
- Black satin interior enamel is specially formulated for higher surface temperatures to enhance cooking performance
- Lightest weight cast iron by quart on the market
- Compatible with all cooktops and oven-safe up to 500°F
- Safe for dishwasher and metal utensils