Get ready for a spooky and fun Halloween with Nordicware's newest addition to their collection: the Monster Mask Cakelet Pan! This pan allows you to bake eight unique monster cakes for a perfect haunting display. Each cake features a different monster mask design to impress your guests.
SCROLL DOWN FOR YUMMY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUP MONSTER MASK CAKELET RECIPE!!!
1. Before initial use and after subsequent uses, hand wash with warm, soapy water. Extended soaking is not recommended.
2. Before each use, brush with butter or shortening and dust with flour or cocoa to coat. Baking spray containing flour may also be used. Do not use regular cooking spray.
3. Mixes and recipes may vary. Fill the pan no more than 3/4 full to avoid overflow.
4. Metal utensils, scouring pads and abrasive cleaners should not be used on nonstick surfaces.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Monster Mask Cakelets
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 8 Reese’s “Snack Size” Peanut Butter Cups, frozen
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Monster Mask Cakelet Pan with baking spray containing flour and use a pastry brush to evenly coat the details of the pan. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg and beat until incorporated. Blend in sour cream.
In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk and mix on low until just combined and batter is smooth. Carefully blend in hot water.
Unwrap frozen peanut butter cups and remove from paper liners. Add 2 tablespoons of batter to each cavity. Press 1 peanut butter cup upside-down into the center of each cakelet. Add a little more batter on the top, spreading batter with a small spatula to cover peanut butter cup. Cakelet cavities should not be more than 1/2 full. Gently tap pan on a towel covered counter to remove air bubbles.
Bake for 15-17 minutes. Cool cakes in pan for 5 minutes, then invert the cakes onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Decorate if desired or dust with more cocoa powder. Makes 8 cakelets.