Yes, there is a perfect knife for boning chicken. This is it: the Shun Dual Core Honesuki is the essential Japanese boning knife. The 4 1/2-inch blade is perfect for maneuvering around bones and between joints. Once you get this knife in your hands, you'll be astounded at the absolute control you wield as you process your poultry and other proteins. Its razor-sharp blade makes removing breasts from bone easy and cuts joint cartilage almost like butter. Scoring and trimming is a breeze, too—and you can use the blade's spine for scraping. Once you use it, you'll never go back.
About the Shun Dual Core series: Until now, it was considered almost impossible to create layered Damascus from two premium-quality stainless steels. But what was impossible is now a reality—and Shun is proud to bring it to your kitchen. The Shun Dual Core series features a Damascus blade made from two premium-quality, high-carbon stainless steels. Seventy-one alternating micro layers of high carbon, high chromium VG10 and VG2 stainless steels are roll-forged to produce a finer grain in the steel and to give it both strength and beauty. The laminated steel is then hot forged to create the herringbone pattern that allows the layers to alternate along the cutting edge. During normal use, the two steels will wear at different rates creating micro serrations along the edge so that the Dual Core’s extremely sharp edge feels sharp longer. Etched laminations in the blade reduce drag, helping food release from the blade and gliding through each cut quickly and easily. Dual Core blades are thin, light, and strong. Traditional Japanese octagon-shaped handles in ebony PakkaWood provide a comfortable and secure grip to complete the look of these beautiful knives.
- One of the top 3 must-have knives; includes wooden SAYA (sheath)
- 71 alternating micro-layers of high-carbon, high-chromium VG10 & VG2 stainless steel extend all the way to the edge to maintain long-lasting high-performance; razor-sharp 16° edge
- Traditional octagon-shaped handle in ebony PakkaWood® provide a comfortable, secure grip; beautiful, durable PakkaWood won't harbor bacteria
- Rabbet tang controls weight and enhances maneuverability; this tang type is how samurai swords were commonly constructed
- Handcrafted in Japan
FEATURES + DETAILS
- Use Slicing, Cheese & Charcuterie, Boning & Fillet
- Blade Shape Utility
- Country of Origin Japan
- Warranty Limited Lifetime Warranty